All dining, beverages, use of non-motorized watersports & motorized dinghies are included. Additional charges apply to Degustation Menu and Cellar Master List.
On the Great Barrier Reef, 17 miles off the Northern Queensland coast, just a 1-hour flight from Cairns. Lizard Island is truly secluded from the rest of the world. Surrounded by coral reefs and powdery white sand beaches. This secluded and luxurious island resort is the ultimate romantic escape for the discerning traveler. Lizard is a pristine wilderness island is one of the most exclusive and unique ways to experience Australia and the Great Barrier Reef.
About Lizard Island:Lizard combines a stunning location with all inclusive cuisine in an intimate resort setting with just 40 rooms, villas and suites. The resort features a restaurant, swimming pool, tennis court, gym, boutique and the Azure Spa. As part of the resorts on-going commitment to ensure guests receive the best experience, Lizard Island has just completed a soft refurbishment of the Suites, Villas and public areas.
A divers haven - including the famous Cod Hole, where you'll come face to face with a massive, yet curious Potato Cod swimming right up to inspect you with child-like curiosity. For divers, the island is only a 50-minute boat ride to the legendary Outer Great Barrier Reef. Snorkelers are rewarded with coral gardens, brightly colored tropical fish and giant clams just moments from the island's beaches.
Fishing enthusiasts can charter the boat Fascination for a day of exhilarating game fishing. The Ribbon Reefs near Lizard Island are renowned for some of the best big game fishing in the world, home to the impressive Black Marlin, as well as Tuna, Mackerel, Trevally and Swordfish.
Dining is one of Lizard Island’s many pleasures. Osprey's Restaurant embodies the resort's understated elegance with a menu that showcases the finest in local produce and the freshest seafood.
- 2012, Andrew Harper's Readers Choice Awards ranked Lizard Island at No. 18 in the Top 20 International Hideaways category.
- 2012, Lizard Island is named as No. 25 in the prestigious 'Best Hotels' list at the Travel & Leisure World's Best Awards.
- 2012, Lizard Island is listed among the Forbes Travel Guide 'Top 10 Beach Resorts Around the World'.
- 2012, Lizard Island was not only named reader's choice 'Best Resort or Lodge' but also received the most votes of any finalist in the Australian Gourmet Traveller 'Travel Awards'.
- 2010, Lizard Island featured on Conde Nast Traveller's Gold List for 2010 as only one of two Australian hotels named for Best Hotels for Leisure Facilities.
- 2009, Lizard Island is voted as the Top Hotel for Service in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific by Travel + Leisure readers.
- 2008, Lizard Island is named the Best Desert Island Escape by the Forbes Traveler 400, the premier list of deluxe hotels.
- 2008, Andrew Harper's Hideaway Report ranks Lizard Island at sixth place in the Top 20 International Hideaways category and 15th in the Top 20 International Resorts category.
- 2008, Lizard Island is named as the Number One Hotel in Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific at the Travel + Leisure USA World's Best Awards. In addition, Lizard Island is ranked at No. 24 on the Top 100 Hotels Overall list.
- Lizard Island is recognized in the Top 20 'Overseas Leisure Hotels' category at the 2008 Condé Nast Traveller Awards in London.
Terms & Conditions; *All prices are land only, ‘from’ per person, double occupancy, for travel between 22 October and 20 December 2012, 11 January and 27 January 2013 or 1 March and 27 March 2013. Must book by November 5, 2012. Flights are not included unless stated in itinerary. Offer excludes Garden Room and Garden Suite. Seasonal surcharges and additional surcharges apply over weekends, special events and holiday periods. Not combinable with any other offer or discounted vacation package. Prices may differ when you book your travel and are not guaranteed until full payment is received. All prices are in U.S. dollars and correct at time of posting (19 October 2012). All prices, itineraries and routings are subject to change. Please call for our current prices. Hearing impaired persons may dial 711 (National Relay Service) to contact us at the above number. Tour code: ST12065. CST#2001136-50